In the 2021 Porter Novelli Purpose Premium Index (PPI), this study, in its fourth year, looks at the role Purpose plays in contributing to a company’s overall reputation.
Key Findings and Insights include:
- 87% correlation between purpose and reputation
- 75% of Americans say it is no longer acceptable for companies just to make money; they must positively impact society, too
- 69% say they are less likely to support companies that are clearly only in business to make money
- 86% of investors say companies should work for the benefit of all stakeholders, not just shareholders
- 73% say to win their support, companies must show how they are supporting communities and the environment