National Volunteer Week
VIRTUAL Flash SkillShare
Thursday, April 22, 2021
Take corporate volunteering to a new impact level. Get your volunteers involved virtually by assisting a nonprofit solve a management challenge. Make a long-term impact in the community and the lives of your employees. We pair the talents and passion of the nonprofit and for-profit sectors for true mutual benefit in a one-day event.
• Team-based program with a group of 4 to 5 employees per project over 6 hours in one day
• Teams are built by grouping professionals with applicable skillsets
• Carefully designed scope of work addresses a challenge for a nonprofit
• Training for the nonprofit in using corporate skilled professionals effectively
• Project facilitator guides the team engagement
• Event starts with brief intro to the nonprofit community
• Nonprofit staff and employees then work on the challenge, and groups present recommendation
Possible Project Ideas
• Data Management and IT – Digitizing client intake systems
• Financial Analysis – KPI tracking tool
• Operations – Emergency readiness planning
• Human Resources – Recruitment and retention strategies; improving onboarding process
• Marketing and Communications – Customer satisfaction research and marketing planning
Building on a common global framework for creating a sustainable, livable future for all, we will categorize our work using the UN Sustainable Development Goals framework. Businesses sponsorships support this meaningful volunteer opportunity. Media coverage of the event will be posted in the international UN Partnership Registry and through RMU’s social media channels.
Contact Yvonne Van Haitsma: 412-397-6002 / firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 5, 2021
- Why should we participate?
Employees want opportunities to get involved in the community and give back not only of their time but also of their expertise. Flash SkillShare is a virtual way to provide high-impact volunteering without the physical risk of COVID. Our community is facing unprecedented challenges, and the nonprofits supporting our communities are struggling. Nonprofits lost 29% of their revenue in the first half of the COVID crisis, yet 51% of the nonprofits were serving the same or MORE clients. We need to come together—we are polarized and need a more equitable society. We are forging a path that includes skilled people from nonprofits and the business world to come together to solve operational or technical challenges. Be a part of the change!
- How can we support this initiative?
Your sponsorship of $500 covers the cost per each team of 4 to 6 people, the nonprofit partner, and organizing and marketing the event.
- Where does it take place?
VIRTUALLY! We will kick off the event together and then break off into online breakout rooms with your team and nonprofit.
- How do we get involved?
Contact Yvonne Van Haitsma, Associate Director, at 412-397-6002 or email@example.com.