Reading the nominations confirmed my knowledge that being engaged in the community is key for businesses in our region. I also saw a real emphasis in their interest in helping make an impact, not only for their employees but also for sustainable change in the nonprofit’s ability to meet their mission.
Bravo! to the companies and individuals who won awards for Corporate Citizenship at the Pittsburgh Business Times event on October 4, 2018.
Yvonne Van Haitsma, Associate Director, Covestro Center for Community Engagement was one of three judges for the awards.
This is the second Pittsburgh Business Times annual awards event, partnering with the Pittsburgh Foundation, through which they hope to shine a light on comprehensive, intensive partnerships in the region.
Special shout-out to Covestro Center corporate partners:
- BNY Mellon, for their support of a mobile fab lab with the Carnegie Science Center
- FedEx Ground, for their support of Pressley Ridge
- Koppers, a participant in RMU training through the Bayer Center
And to Covestro Center nonprofit partners:
- 412 Food Rescue
- The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Traveler’s Aid
- The Carnegie Science Center
- Chatham Baroque
We love making the connection between companies and nonprofits a high-impact, low-barrier engagement. Read more about the winners here.