…Builds Better Boards
What does your organization need? How does your board of directors respond to these needs? BoardsWork! can help you:
- Clarify board roles and responsibilities
- Sharpen strategic thinking and oversight
- Streamline policies and procedures
- Develop sound fundraising strategies
Additionally, we train service-minded individuals in effective nonprofit governance through a full day of learning and match them to your board through customized placement. Your organization becomes better equipped to carry out its mission with new, diverse individuals and skill sets. And the community you serve becomes stronger when these individuals become social leaders and advocates for your purpose.
By participating in BoardsWork!, nonprofit organizations receive:
- Individualized governance assessment
- Customized, half-day board retreat
- Up to two newly trained board members annually
In addition, board members of participating BoardsWork! nonprofits receive discounts on nonprofit management classes. As a part of CIE, nonprofits receive invitations to exclusive CIE events, ongoing support from the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management, and widespread exposure through various media outlets.
NOTE: BoardsWork! primarily serves nonprofit organizations in Allegheny County. If your nonprofit regularly operates outside of this region, contact us to discuss the details of potential participation in this program.
“I feel it was so equipping for me as an individual and as a board. I left the retreat with a sense of empowerment and direction and so hopeful.”
– Doreen Weiss, CEO of Enduring Hope Counseling Center, attests to the importance of effective nonprofit governance after participating in a custom BoardsWork! retreat.