Building a Sturdy Bridge
Through the Covestro Institute for Engagement (CIE), Covestro, LLC and the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University work together to facilitate lasting, valuable relationships between corporations and local nonprofit organizations.
What is CIE?
- CIE is a collaboration between the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University and Covestro, LLC, linking the purpose and mission of nonprofit organizations with the skills and talents of business professionals.
- CIE provides new ways to connect employees to meaningful and rewarding community organizations and projects and partners them with member nonprofit organizations on their organizational challenges to find tangible solutions.
- CIE programs like BoardsWork! and Skills-Based Volunteering provide nonprofits with opportunities to effectively focus on challenges and implement sound deliverables, while businesses exercise active social responsibility through employee engagement and development.
- CIE builds a sturdy bridge between businesses and nonprofits, delivering substantive value and mutual long-term benefits.
At the Bayer Center, we work with you to provide effective and practical management and governance tools, information, education and research that strengthen nonprofit missions and multiply all investments of time, talent and money in regional nonprofit organizations.
In 16 years of service to the Pittsburgh community, the Bayer Center has completed over 1,000 consulting engagements and educated over 6,500 individuals. Our consulting clients include human service, arts, faith-based, community development, environmental and education organizations with budgets ranging from $100,000 or less to more than $50,000,000.
Our intensive and customized management, governance, financial, and technology consulting services are designed to educate leaders and have resulted in:
- Higher functioning governing boards
- Enhanced financial planning and management
- Heightened brand awareness
- Increased partnerships and strategic alliances
- More effective approaches to fundraising
- Better informed, evidence-based decisions for future directions
- More capable nonprofit leaders and organizations
- Effective management information systems
- Prudent software choices and website design
- A strategic approach to decision-making
The Bayer Center offers extensive management education on topics in nonprofit management, finance, governance and technology. We also:
- Provide information and referral services
- Conduct applied research through initiatives, such as “74%: Exploring the Lives of Women Leaders in Nonprofit Organizations”
- Operate the Covestro Institute for Engagement
- Convene in-depth discussions on issues relevant to the nonprofit sector
Visit the Bayer Center’s website at www.bcnm-rmu.org to learn more.